I have just been busy!!! Between work, homeschool, messing my back up, karate, cooking, cleaning, raising my kid, loving my husband, church, bible study, lunch dates with friends, and sleeping, I haven’t squeezed much time in there to write. Plus, most of the stuff I do think I’d like to write about will probably be more offensive than some of my other posts, so I just keep it to myself. Hope all is well with you all, will write so ething interesting next time :-)!!!
It’s been a while, and this one may be a long one….
First of all let me preface this post with this disclaimer….I had WIC and Medicaid when Colby was a baby. I was in school and knew when I graduated and went to work that I would pay back wayyyyy more than I ever took from the government. I have and I am still paying it back…a lot.
Anyway, as I have said before, I am not a political person, but taking out the WIC program is kind of like telling Americas women, infants and children to fend for themselves. While all of this egotistical power trip BS going on in Washington is raging, babies (who didn’t ask to be brought into this world) are going to go without proper food in some cases.
Now, on the flip side of that coin…I can only imagine some of the people I used to care for on mother/baby will be fussing and carrying on about how they can’t make it or what are they going to do….I have a list of things that may help.
1. Stop smoking, yeah for what people pay for three packs of cigarettes will buy one can of formula.
2. Use birth control, if you can’t afford babies, don’t get pregnant (use it anyway because there are some gross STD’s out there too!).
3. Get that sorry baby’s daddy to contribute, they can do more than donate sperm.
4. Don’t make it a lifestyle choice to live off of the government, better yourself.
5. Nails, hairdos, and the best fashions won’t feed your baby, it’s not all about you anymore if you have a child.
6. That’s a really nice iphone you have there, how about getting off it and learn to breastfeed that child so you don’t have to have any formula. (That one is especially for the ladies in the hospital :-))
7. Drugs are not the best choice to spend your money on either…
Well that’s about all I have to say for now. I love my country, but our society is really messed up right now.