i love my life and I am so blessed. I am 41 years old today, and I don’t feel or act it. I can remember thinking back when I was younger and this age seemed so far away, but it really gets here fast!
I feel young, but sometimes things I see and hear make me feel old. Like when I interact with ladies who are half my age and want to share my wisdom with them on life and relationships and such…I’m sure they will have to find out things on their own like I did. Still though, I have to bite my tongue a lot to keep from saying what I think.
When I was 21, I thought I knew everything lol. If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing then that I know now is this; it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks of you, they aren’t the ones who have to live your life. I did some things then because I felt like it was what I was supposed to do, and there were a lot of things I should not have done as well, that at the time seemed like the right thing.
So, just because it’s my birthday, and I am always wanting to tell people these things but usually refrain, I’m making a list of how to get through 20’s and 30’s…
- Walk with God everyday. It’s hard to do sometimes, but you can’t go wrong and it will keep you from being in places you shouldn’t be sometimes and eliminate some heartache and hard situations.
- Don’t get married (or pregnant) young, trust me, you don’t even know who you are and what makes you happy, so how can you make someone else happy? I had my son at 27, which by most standards is considered older, and he was very much planned and wanted, but it’s the hardest thing ever.
- Find a man who lets you be yourself and is never abusive in any way, shape, or form, but also keeps it interesting and will tell you what they think, even if it makes you mad. Occasional fighting is ok when it’s done fairly and then you get to make up. 😊
- Use your head, go to college, be able to support yourself so you never have to depend on anyone, then find a man who is able to do the same for himself. Money is not everything, but barely getting by in life is not fun and makes things very hard.
- Take care of yourself. Your health is something that you will need the rest of your life…I’m still working on this one and it is hard to do, but I see the ramifications of not taking care of yourself everyday in my job. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. (That makes me sound really old lol).
- Be dependable, if you say you’re going to do something, do it. Also, get rid of anyone in your life right now who doesn’t do this.
- Don’t depend on anyone to show you what your worth is…find that out within yourself. You build your own confidence, then surround yourself with people who help add to it, but don’t solely rely on others for it.
Now, I feel better that I got that out there!! I wish I had someone back then to tell me these things, I probably wouldn’t have listened, but I would have had it somewhere in my subconsciousness and maybe it would have helped….anyway, have a great day everyone.